Dependencies are the relationship among tasks helps to order the list of tasks to be completed in an order. Dependencies are relationships between tasks to help in deciding which should start first and when should it completed. Tasks may have one or more preceding tasks and one or more succeeding tasks. Finish-to-start relationship is the most used dependency relationship. Task A and Task E (Task Predecessors) must be completed before start working on Task G (Successor Task).
- Dependencies are denoting with arrow links.
- And it helps Project Manager to decide which should start first and which task should finish first.
- This also helps the team members to coordinate each other and help in right tasks starts first and finish it on required time.
Type of Dependencies:
- Finish-to-Start: Predecessor activity must finish before a Successor activity can Start.
- Finish-to-Finish: Predecessor activity must Complete before a Successor activity can Complete.
- Start-to-Start: Predecessor activity must Start before a Successor activity can Start.
- Start-to-Finish: Predecessor activity must Start before a Successor activity can Complete.