Here are the step by step instruction to use Excel Project Plan Template. You can download our free Project Plan Template and follow the below instruction to plan your projects.
Project Plan template contains 3 worksheets, you can go to each sheet and have a look at each part of the template sheets.
- Intro sheet : Introduction sheet contains the basic information about the template, we have provided links to useful tutorials in the first sheet.
- Project Plan Template: This is the actual template where you will input you project details and the template will show you the Gantt view of the tasks and summaries.
- License: We have provided the clear instructions of the template usage terms and the license details.
How to use Project Plan Template – Step by Step Guide:
Follow the below step by step tutorial to plan your projects using Excel Project Plan Template.
- Step 1: Read our instructions in Into Sheet and License Sheet
- Step 2: Go to Project Plan Template Sheet and input you details as explained in the following steps
- Step 3: Fill the Project details in Top Left Project Details Section. You can input Project Name, Manager and Project Background information in the Project Details Section.
- Step 4: Enter your task or activities details in the Project Schedules Area. You can input Task title, Responsible Person name, Star Date and End Date of the Task.
- Step 5: Update the Task Progress and Status while executing your Project Tasks. You can Enter % Progress and Status of the each task
You can see that the Project Summary and the Gantt Chart will change dynamically based on your data. Do not change the formulas of the Project Summary and Gantt Chart sections.
Download Excel Project Plan Template
Here is the Free Excel Project Plan Template, download the free template to open with Microsoft Excel to plan your project. You use this template and easily mange your project plans.