We will see Advantages and Disadvantages of Gantt Charts in this tutorial. The main benefits of Gantt Charts are: easy to schedule the tasks, easy to understand, clear and visual representation of time frames. And easy to add dependencies and predecessors, creatively showing your project plans.
50+ Project Management Templates Pack
Excel PowerPoint Word
Advanced Project Plan & Portfolio Template
Ultimate Project Management Template
20+ Excel Project Management Pack
20+ PowerPoint Project Management Pack
10+ MS Word Project Management Pack
And the major disadvantages of Gantt Charts are: Complexity in Preparing and Managing the Chart. And everything can not be shown in a single Chart, User have to scroll in order to see the tasks in different time frames. And have to scroll down if they have more number of sub tasks. Let us see all Advantages & Disadvantages of Gantt Charts.
Advantages of Gantt Chart
Here are is list of advantages of Gantt Chart. Undoubtedly Project mangers are more benefited with Gantt Charts. The Visual representation of the Chart will help easy to understand. And best tool for effective Project and Time Management.
- It is to represent the Project schedules and Activities
- Easy to represent Tasks, Sub-tasks, Milestones and Projects Visually on a Graph
- Clear visibility of Dates and Time Frames
- It helps to see the Plans by Day, Week, Month, Quarter and Year
- Helps to effectively mange the Team
- And it helps in efficient Time Management
- Easy to group all sub tasks under a main task
- Also, we can see the Team Members and their responsible tasks
- Easy to Check the Project Status
- We can See the Completed % of Tasks
- Tasks in Progress and Pending work is clearly visible on Stacked Bars
- Helps Managers to easily coordinate with the teams
- Gantt chart is good tool for presenting in Team Meetings
Disadvantages of Gantt Chart
Here are is list of disadvantages of Gantt Chart. It requires more efforts and skills to prepare a Gantt format. And managing the graph is very tedious job.
- Require more efforts for Creating and Managing the Chart
- Updating a Chart is Very Time Consuming
- All Tasks are not visible in a single view of a Gantt
- Need to scroll and Click additional buttons to view remaining items
- Stacks represents only the time and not the hours of the work
- Not easy to re align the tasks from on section to another
- Not easy to calculate the aggregates
We have some disadvantages, but we can avoid these by using the modern tools available in the market.
Although, it has few disadvantage. It is still a powerful tool for managing your projects, teams and time more effectively. Because of its clarity in visual representation of tasks and easiy to schedule the tasks and understand by different time frames.
|Excel VBA Reference||Project Management Reference|