Elements of the Project Charter helps you to create an effect Project Charter in Project Management Process. You can include all important Components of the Project while writing the Project Management Charter.
Elements of the Project Charter:
Here is the list of Elements of the Project Charter. A Project charter contains the detailed information of Project Objectives, goals, stakeholders, authority Levels, Targets, Key roles and responsibilities. You may have the question, “What to include in the Project Charter? “, here are the key elements and components of the Project Charter:
- Project Name: Name of the Project including the Company and Region.
- Project Background: Helps to understand the Project Background and gain the project knowledge. This improves the project process speed and quality of the deliverables.
- Business Case: A clear business case includes the reasons and benefits of accepting the project.
- Project Goals: Objectives and Deliverables: Project Goals includes the outcomes of the projects and key deliverables promised as result of the project process.
- Project Scope: Key Outputs and products, services, or results expecting from the project. Clearly mention the key steps to take to complete the project.
- Stakeholders: Specify the list of stakeholders and the inputs providers.
- Project Manager: Name if the Project Manager who is responsible to complete the project.
- Project Team: List of team members who is going to involved in developing the projects. You can also define their roles and responsibilities.
- Project Phases or Milestones: Divide the Project into Phases and set the time bound Milestones.
- Project Timelines: Set the timelines (Start date and completion date) to deliver the outcomes of each milestone.
- Project Budget: Set the Project Budget and divided by the project processes or Milestone.
- Project Sponsors: You can mention the sponsor of the projects
- Process: You can define the Process following to deliver the project. You can also define old, current and future processes.
- Project Constraints: Describe the project constraints which are impacting your process.
- Project Assumptions: Also include the key assumptions which are considering while processing the projects.
- Project Risks: Project risks can be timelines, availability, budget, etc. anything which can be a factor while working on your project can cause delay or stops the process.
Elements of the Project Details in Charter:
Here is list of the Elements of Project Details in Project Charter.
- Project Name
- Project Number
- Project Start Date
- Project Completion Date
Elements of the Project Description in Charter:
Here is list of the Elements of Project Description in Project Charter.
- Business Case
Elements of the Project Resource in Charter:
Here is list of the Elements of Project Resource in Project Charter.
- Project Manager
- Team Leaders
- Team Members
Elements of the Project Timelines in Charter:
Here is list of the Elements of Project Timelines in Project Charter.
- Actual Project Start Date
- End date
- Milestone Timelines
- Phases/ Task Timelines
- Interim Result Timelines
- Deliverables Timelines
- Key Commitments Timelines
Elements of the Project Finance in Charter:
Here is list of the Elements of Project Finance in Project Charter.
- Project Budget
- Equipment Cost
- S/W Cost
- Resource Cost
Other important Elements in the Project Charter
Here are the other important components of the project charter.
Premium Project Charter Templates:
We have created easy to use Project Charter Templates. This zip file contains Project Charter Templates Excel, Word and PowerPoint (PPT)formats. You can download the templates and use any of the template. These templates also included in the 50+ Project Management Templates Pack.
Project Charter Template is provided in multiple file formats. It helps you to create the complete charter of a Project.
Project Charter Template PowerPoint
(Standard and Animated Slides), you can use to share with your customers or present in your meetings.
Project Charter Template Word
, this is useful when you wants to use a document or print the Project Charter.
Project Charter Template Excel
, very useful when you wants to insert charts or formulas for calculating important metrics.
Premium Project Management Templates Pack
The Premium Project Management Charter Templates also included in our 50+ Project Management Templates Pack.