We can use VBA clearhyperlinks to Clear only the Hyperlinks in a specific range, cells or entire worksheet. We can use ClearHyperlinks method of Range Object. Rang.ClearHyperlinks method will clear only the hyperlinks in a range. And data and the formats like border, font styles, background cell will remain same and will not be disturbed.
Excel VBA to ClearHyperlinks in a Range – Syntax
Here is the syntax to clear the Hyperlinks in a range. You can clear the hyperlinks in any range using VBA Range.ClearHyperlinks method.
Excel VBA to ClearHyperlinks in a Range – Examples
The below macro will show you how to clear the Hyperlinks in a range using VBA. In this example, we are clearing the data in range “A2 to D10” using VBA.
Sub VBA_Clear_Hyperlinks_Range() Range("A2:D10").ClearHyperlinks End Sub
Excel VBA to Clear Hyperlinks in a Range – Instructions
Please follow the below step by step instructions to execute the above mentioned VBA macros or codes:
- Open an Excel Workbook from your start menu or type Excel in your run command
- Enter some data in any cells in range “A10 to D10” to test this macro. Also format some cell and insert some hyperlinks to test.
- Press Alt+F11 to Open VBA Editor or you can go to Developer Table from Excel Ribbon and click on the Visual Basic Command to launch the VBA Editor
- Insert a Module from Insert Menu of VBA
- Copy the above code (for clearing Hyperlinks in a range using VBA) and Paste in the code window(VBA Editor)
- Save the file as Macro Enabled Workbook (i.e; .xlsm file format)
- Press ‘F5′ to run it or Keep Pressing ‘F8′ to debug the code line by line.
Now you can observe that the hyperlinks in the range “A2 to D10” is cleared. You can apply any formats and background color, and try this macro. This will clear only the hyperlinks. Data, formats, comments will be remained same.
If you want to clear everything including formats and data, you can use Range.Clear method, to clear the comments in a range you use the Range.ClearComments method.
Range.ClearHyperlinks: Will clear only the Hyperlinks in a range. Formats, comments, data will remain same.
Range.Clear: Will clear the data including cell formats.
Range.ClearComments: Will clear only the comments, formats and data will remain then same.
Hey! Join Our Community
Get Quick Responses & Experts' Answers in Minutes!
Get Notified - When Answered Your Question!